June 22, 2007

EVERY GENERATION NEEDS A JOANNE WORLEY

What are you doing tonight? I have a surprise for you. I'm djing a benefit between like 10:30 and 11:30 at Cobra Lounge. Cobra Lounge is right by Union Park and it's been described to me as "the hot new rock bar" and so I am playing an "all rock" set. Do you think Little River Band still counts as a rock band? I guess we'll find out soon enough!

and then! It Happens Again! Sunday! Sketchbook Festival at Steppenwolf Theatre garage Theatre! I will DJ maybe 8 or 10 times for 15 minutes each. According to the literature, I will be creating a mood between the little plays. I'm not sure what kind of mood that will be, but perhaps a mix of "cocaine paranoia" and "last call at Mistakes" would be choice. What do you play between plays? Songs about acting? 89% of my of the records in my bins are about doing things to vaginas! And the other 11% are mid-period Lou Rawls and the first couple Boz Scaggs LPS. What do you play for people sitting in rows of seats and/or standing in line for tiny 4$ sippy cups of red wine? What kind of moods will theatre goers enjoy? I have the soundtrack to the original stage production of Annie! Maybe that will work. Meanwhile, SUGGESTION BOX IS OPEN.

Posted by Jessica at June 22, 2007 11:54 AM | TrackBack