What are you up to eight days from now? You wanna hang out? Seriously. You and me, and please bring a couple friends for the most special deal night at The Empty Bottle. You bring $20, you get to see a good show, get a cheap beer, help out the baby Callum Robbins, and buy raffle tickets (THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS worth of boxsets, DVDs, CDs, rare vinyl, books -- PLUS/JUST ADDED A SPECIAL RAFFLE TO WIN A PRIVATE PERFORMANCE IN YOUR HOME FROM FRED ARMISEN
(YES, AS IN FRED ARMISEN FROM SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE).
Please be there because Jan 27th is baby Cal's first birthday.
Please be there because J. Robbins work is meaningful to you.
Please be there because every little bit is adding up and helping already.
Saturday Jan 27th @ The Empty Bottle
Benefit for the Robbins family
8 pm, $15
ELEVENTH DREAM DAY
Chin up Chin up
Life & Times (Shiner folks)
PLUS! THERES A RAFFLE!
* Mega-packs of new music, signed posters, books, t-shirts from Flower Booking, Sub Pop, Minty Fresh, Southern, Chicago Reader, Touch n' Go, Biz 3 & Puma , Atavistic and more -- including an autographed Sleater Kinney LP, autographed Tortoise boxet, signed Fugazi live-CD SET. FREAK OUT!!!!
* VIP passes for two to Pitchfork Festival
* VIP passes to Intonation Festival
* dinner and a show for two at Schubas
* passes to Metro, Double Door and Smart Bar
* Boxsets and DVDs courtesy of Pitchfork
* Super special mix CDs from Reader critics
* Platonic dinner-date to Lula with Morgan Thoryk & myself
* Magazine subscriptions for Stop Smiling and Time Out
* Fred Armisen in-your-house comedy performance